A lot of people can get nervous about trance. Am I doing it right? How will I know? How will I know I’m in trance. Whilst these are all perfectly valid questions, asking yourself whilst you are attempting to enjoy trance is perhaps not the most appropriate and/or useful time! It can be unecessarily distracting – detracting from your natural ability to enjoy trance.
With that in mind I thought I would look to offer up some simple and effective tips to help you make the most of your next trance:
- Get Comfortable: It doesn’t matter if you’re sitting or lying down, but whatever position you choose make sure it’s one that you will be comfortable maintaining for prolonged periods.
- Minimise Distractions: Put your phone on silent, make sure you’re not expecting anyone to turn up or contact you and if you can, find a quiet space to enjoy trance.
- Give Yourself Enough Time: Make sure you allow enough time to be able to really let go and enjoy the trance experience. If you’re thinking of enjoying trance to “kill time” for a short while before you go to work/go out to an event, etc – do yourself a favour and don’t. Be kind to yourself and allow enough time to be able to embrace the experience without worrying about the need to rush off to make an appointment/get to work, etc.
- Enjoy The Experience: Sounds fundamental, I know but do yourself a favour – just allow yourself to enjoy the experience for what it is. The time you spend worrying about whether or not you’re in trance is time that could be spent enjoying the sensations of going gently deeper. Which would you prefer to be focusing on?
- Practice: Like any skill – even a natural, inherent one – the more you practise, the easier it is to enjoy. Instead of worrying about whether you’re going into trance, you can utilise your focus to be aware of the different sensations you become aware of as you do. These can then act as “signposts” so that the next time you are enjoying hypnosis you know what to look out for.